Sunday, December 30, 2012

WWE - A Not-So-Novel Way to Read the Book of Mormon



 And I don't understand why I sleep all day
And I start to complain that there's no rain
And all I can do is read a book to stay awake
And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape

- Blind Melon, "No Rain," Blind Melon (Capitol, 1992)

My second post at Worlds Without End is entitled "A Not-So-Novel Way to Read the Book of Mormon." I was inspired by one of my dad's stories from his missionary lessons (he is a convert) in which he called the Book of Mormon "a good novel." After I came across a couple posts at the Harvard Business Review blog on reading and leadership, the post basically wrote itself. Give it a read. 

And just for good measure, since The Lord of the Rings is briefly mentioned in the post, let's provide some Aragorn awesomeness.



Update: My friend Allen Hansen has a related post called "Isaac Luria and the Spiritual Benefits of Reading" at his blog Calba Savua's Orchard that is well worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment